strSQL (1 Viewer)

PWG

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:38
Can some one p-lease tell me where I can find this as I need to change Customer Extended to Machine Extended.
strSQL='SELECT*FROM [Customer Extended]WHERE [ID]=2'

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Huh? Find what exactly?

PWG

Registered User.
Local time
I need to find where this statement is I can not find it anywhere. I though there may be in a special file some where strSQL

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I need to find where this statement is I can not find it anywhere. I though there may be in a special file some where strSQL
Where are you looking? Are we talking about an Access database or SQL Server? How did you know to look for this particular SQL statement?

PWG

Registered User.
Local time
I have look in the Event procedures on the form sand the fields in the form
It a Access data base The start of the error statement is strSQL=

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have look in the Event procedures on the form sand the fields in the form
It a Access data base The start of the error statement is strSQL=
Hi. Since I can't see your computer screen and I don't know what you're trying to do, I don't understand your problem. If you're getting an error message, can you post the error message? It might also help if you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing. Is this a database you created?

PWG

Registered User.
Local time
It was the northwind data base I have been changing it to meet my needs. I no longer have a customer it is now a machine table. The Customer Extended Query is now a machine extended Query. I have been able to change every thing so far to get it to work but this one has be stumped.
I dont know how to attach a screen shot this is what it says
The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find the input table or query
'Customer Extended" Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.(3078)

I know that the query does not exists so I need to find the code to change it

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
It was the northwind data base I have been changing it to meet my needs. I no longer have a customer it is now a machine table. The Customer Extended Query is now a machine extended Query. I have been able to change every thing so far to get it to work but this one has be stumped.
I dont know how to attach a screen shot this is what it says
The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find the input table or query
'Customer Extended" Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.(3078)

I know that the query does not exists so I need to find the code to change it
Okay, but what is generating the error? You could start there. For example, if your clicking a button on a form, then check the code and trace its steps.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Okay, but what is generating the error? You could start there. For example, if your clicking a button on a form, then check the code and trace its steps.
As another option, you could try using this little utility to search your database.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If it's code try this:

Press and hold ALT,F11 on the keyboard. Once the Visual Basic window opens press and hold Ctrl,F

In the find what box type strSQL =

On the left side of the menu pick current project, then press find next. This should loop you through all instances of strSQL = you shoud be able to spot the offending code.

HTH

Last edited:

PWG

Registered User.
Local time
Worked like a charm all I typed was customer extended and it found them all thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom