New SmartPhone - HTC S710 or I-Mate SPL (1 Viewer)

RichardP1978

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:49
I am looking at replacing my phone with a smart phone.

I have had an O2 XDA IIi and s and do like them, however they are a bit large, and I find the fact that if the device wakes up on its own, it releases the key lock so you can end up with the backlight on whilst its in your pocket draining battery like crazy. However, I really like the idea of a windows mobile phone as I use exchange for my emails, and use my contacts and calender on outlook.

So I am looking at the IMate SPL or the HTC S710

The HTC S710 is a little bulkier that the imate, but it packs WLAN and has a slide out qwerty keyboard as well as the standard buttons most mobiles have on the front, so you dont need to use the keyboard unless you want to. It is also running Windows Mobile 6

The IMate SPL is around the size of a Moto L7, doesnt have WLAN, doesnt have the keyboard, and is running Windows Mobile 5.

My question is, has anyone got experience with HTC and IMate devices and tell me if build quality is good etc.

martinjward

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:49
HTC's, I-Mates, Orange SPV's, O2 XDA's, T-Mobile MDA's are all made by the same people !!

The XDA Exec, was the same as the Orange SPV M7100 - I-Mate & HTC also sold an 'off network' version - the only differences are the network specific software i.e with Orange you get a shortcut to 'Orange World', O2 you get 'I mode' button.

I've my eye on an HTC P3600 (O2 call it the trion) - Looks pretty good and not too big !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom