Hello New World (1 Viewer)

Diamond-Leopard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:53
It's 2am and I can hear the silence around me as only the rapid clicking of my typing reminds me how late is is against the pure quietness of my house and street. I have been using Excell for about 3 months now as a way to keep records of the business I am trying to develop. I am getting more sales each day and I am finding Excel is becoming less and less of the type of program I want to use. I begin to search the internet for such a program which would allow me to create my own interfaces as I add new records to a database compiling and regurgitating information about my customers and sales. I discover that a lot of people are talking about Access and since I already have Microsoft Office I decide to dip a toe and start cruising youtube for advice.

I begin to create forms and tables and everything looks swell! Until things start happening that I can't explain. Buttons are no longer doing what they did 5 minutes ago, Calculations are starting to produce the incorrect numbers and my Lack of Access know-how is beginning to hurt. Real pain in the nose and eyes and cheeks, possibly from all the face slapping I am doing each time something works for a chap on youtube but not on the screen I am looking at.

I feel like I need to reach out to Access guru's and although I pride myself on my ability to find out the answers to my own questions, I am man enough to know when I need help. So here I am and that's my story. I am sure I will be posting soon with questions many of you will laugh reading but I am a Virgin so please be gentle with me (Also I Haven't Used Access Before - See what I did there)

Wuba Luba Dub Dub x

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:53
Welcome aboard!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
It would seem that you have a certain literary inclination. By any chance are you also a writer?

Diamond-Leopard

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not a writer but I am very excited to start smashing out some top notch database questions, as soon as I figure out why my Disk is running at 100 Percent... whatever that means.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
File that disk question under "General" under the Access questions if you have not already done so. Describe the problem and its lead-in steps.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am finding Excel is becoming less and less of the type of program I want to use.

It is a very common route from Excel into Access. There are some pitfalls, the main one being the misconception that the programs are very similar! I explain more in my blog here:-

Excel in Access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom