Selective Emails Condition (1 Viewer)

Phredd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:05
Hi Guys,

I have setup a very basic form which includes several yes/no boxes to indicate requested logons for local software programs.

I need the related report to be sent to specific emails depending on the yes/no boxes selected. IE if some selects tick boxes 1, 5 & 9 in the form then the entire report will go to the email for each of the administrators of programs 1, 5 and 9.

I can setup the form including the coding so that only the current record is sent via pdf, however the conditional email bit has me stumped.

I have a very basic version working apart from that feature. (See attached using "Form1"). Still needs a lot of work, but its all about getting it to function first.

Thanks for the help.

Mick

Attachments

• Basic Version - IT Request Application.accdb
    540 KB · Views: 53

Anakardian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
If you make a query to collect the e-mail adresses required, you can loop through the result and add them to an e-mail.
Though this does require you to use VBA, it will give you more options to customize the e-mails. You could even customize it to individual e-mails with specific messages if desired.

Phredd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:05
Sorry. If I am understanding you correctly I cant see how that would work.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:05
I would probably do it like this.
Have a table with the Logon categories and the admin email address for that category.
Loop through the controls for those categories (perhaps use a value in their Tag property?) , use a Dlookup to get the email address for that category and concatenate the email addresses as strTo ?

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom