Software Development Agreement (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 12:33

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
with changing legal emphasis over time, where in the world you are and specific issues, it is difficult to suggest a 'good' one. The examples seem to cover all the bases.

Compensation - perhaps hourly, daily or some other period, but I tend to charge fixed prices and require 40% at the start of the contract, 40% when ready for user testing and the balance of 20% on completion of user testing or a time limit, whichever is shortest

Only issue I usually have is around intellectual property rights. It depends but I believe these need to be restricted to work that is unique to the client - as a developer you save time and reduce costs by reusing code developed. e.g. data security and certain routines around invoice generation, data importers and the like - in return, the client pays a reduced price.

So things like 'what it looks like' belongs to the client, clearly the data belongs to the client, but I believe 'the way it does it' does not belong to the client. There are, after all, typically only a few ways to do something.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Im trying to make the project adaptive so people will be able to adapt contracts for different situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom