9 Tips For Easy Weight Loss (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 05:18
1) Fruits And Vegtables

Fruits and vegetables are very healthy for you. They have a lot of fiber and antioxidants. In addition to this, eating raw fruits and vegetables will make you feel fuller, faster! The amounts of calories that fruit and vegetables have are really low. So be sure to eat plenty of them!

2) Eat In Proportions

Never overfill yourself. Eat until you are satisfied but do not overeat. Remember, you can always pack food up and save it for later. Remember this tip when you got out to eat at a restaurant or fast food!

3) Frequency

Instead of three big meals a day, eat less but more frequently. Doing so will keep your blood sugar levels in check. It will help avoid a calorie overload. Try to eat 5-6 small meals in a day.

4) Better Choices

Avoid fast food and processed food, they have more sodium and fat. You can lose weight just by eating home cooked meals.

5) Be Consistent

Do not jump into eating healthy right away. Allow yourself time to eat some of the foods you really like. A consistent change will give you more hope than a quick change and failure. A slow progression will give you faith about your overall progress.

6) Understand Food Nutrition

Fat free claims on products do not necessarily mean that the product is low in calories. Read the nutrition facts on the label to avoid foods that are high in sugar and fat. Do not be fooled by misleading labels that can be put on any product.

7) Water

Try to drink 8 glasses of water a day. It helps to avoid pop,coffee, and anything else loaded with sugar.

8) Exercise

Exercise for 30 min – 60 minutes each day to burn off calories. This is one great way to lose a lot of body fat.

9) Write

Keep your progress in a journal. Write where you are and where you want to be. Tracking your progress on paper will help you focus on you dream. Visually seeing your progress will keep your motivation high!

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
No 8 yes - exercise, and it should be tough going! If exercise is combined with some weights it can really make a big difference. Exercise should also be varied. If you continuously do the same thing, like running, then your body gets used to it and you can end up putting on weight again.

Diet218

Banned
Local time
Today, 03:18
:cool: all of those are effective in losing weight. However, writing is not one way to lose weight.

Keep this in mind: hunger should not be included in our dieting plan. Hunger is not the answer for losing weight.

SpentGeezer

Pure Noobism
Local time
Today, 21:18
Quit your desk job and get a job involving physical work. Then you are exercising all day (and most likely getting paid far less so it is harder to indulge ones self).

venivici

Registered User.
Local time
Good Tips! I usually take the stairs at work and park farther away from the office just to build extra walking into my day. I think adding small habits like that can be helpful in changing a person's health lifestyle.

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
The 100 day burpee challenge is tough, but a great workout!

For anyone who doesn't know what this is...

Day 1: 1 burpee
Day 2: 2 burpees
etc
etc
Day 99: 99 burpees
Day 100: 100 burpees

Bearing in mind i used to be an athlete for my country, trust me when i say this improves your core, which is what most people unknowingly want to improve.

venivici

Registered User.
Local time
The 100 day burpee challenge is tough, but a great workout!

For anyone who doesn't know what this is...

Day 1: 1 burpee
Day 2: 2 burpees
etc
etc
Day 99: 99 burpees
Day 100: 100 burpees

Bearing in mind i used to be an athlete for my country, trust me when i say this improves your core, which is what most people unknowingly want to improve.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a burpee?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
If weight loss was easy everyone would do it.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
According to Bill Bryson(An American author living in England) a slurpee is a sickly sweet member of the milkshake family.
HTH

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time

A burpee starts off in a press up position. You then bring your knees to your chin, then back to the start position. Then you stand up, do a star jump. Finally, you bend down back into the press-up position. There are plenty of youtube videos to demonstrate this. Burpees are absolute killers, but they're well worth the effort.

According to Bill Bryson(An American author living in England) a slurpee is a sickly sweet member of the milkshake family.
HTH

Yes, that's another form of burpee ;)

Grazilda44

Local time
Hi journeyoflife7. As an alternative, it is also effective to eat fruits which is very basic technique. Eating fruits as a substitute would make our body healthy and fit. It also helps burn calories.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
For anybody without a medical reason, and how few is that, then just don't eat too much, did you notice how few of the Japanese POWs were overweight.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
For anybody without a medical reason, and how few is that, then just don't eat too much, did you notice how few of the Japanese POWs were overweight.

Brian

Malaria and work till absolute exhaustion - may help you too. On the same principle.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 06:18
In the US, the elephant in the room, is high fructose corn syrup. It is 100% responsible for the obesity problem in America.

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
Journey of life gets it. This is exactly what I'm doing. I avoid canned fruit in heavy syrup, and any veggies in a sauce. I eat canned fruit in juice only, and plain frozen veggies. I make all my meals except lucnh (where I eat frozen low-fat meals). My goal for each meal is less than 8g of fat. You can't do that at a restaurant.

As for exercise, cardio is best for losing weight. But muscle building also helps. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.

It's sad to see people "dieting" by eating a grilled chicken sandwich...with extra mayo. Mayo is 95% oil. (True story from a friend.)

Ok ok. I do eat candy every day, but gummi bears are fat free. :)

p.s. I lost 30 lbs. doing this.

bulrush

Registered User.
Local time
In the US, the elephant in the room, is high fructose corn syrup. It is 100% responsible for the obesity problem in America.
I disagree. HFCS is a major part of the problem. But ignorance and laziness is the other part. See my comment above about people dieting by eating grilled chicken sandwiches with extra mayo? American ignorance is boundless.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I disagree. HFCS is a major part of the problem. But ignorance and laziness is the other part. See my comment above about people dieting by eating grilled chicken sandwiches with extra mayo? American ignorance is boundless.
The elephant in the room means it should be the first thing you deal with.

Simply reducing fat is not always healthy because many of the essential nutrients are fat soluble and will not be assimilated without out a sufficient amount of fat. Further more fat itself contain essential acids and other elements are necessary. The key there is to reduce the bad fats.

Actually you will get more results from circuit training than either cardio or resistance training alone. And you left out range of motion exercise, as you age this may very well be the most important.

High Fructose Corn Syrup has caused an epidemic addiction to sweets. Go look at some of the research.

SpentGeezer

Pure Noobism
Local time
Today, 21:18

Having recently visited the US, I can safely say that the biggest issue is serving size. Holy s*** you have have massive soft drinks and massive meals. IF you made everything normal size (about a quarter of the size) then this would help!

The main reason for obesity though is lack of exercise! How many obese people play sport regularly? ZERO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom