Legacy Issue (1 Viewer)

jujutsumaster

Local time
Today, 09:23
Following redundancy after 43 years in UK local government I sought out some voluntary work. I began donating time to a local charitable volunteer bureaux assisting senior citizens with computer use:- 'IT for the Terrified' and 'Silver Surfers'.

The folks running the bureaux soon discovered I had acquired a fair level of MS Access competency and persuaded me to develop an administration application for them. Time happily donated free of charge and with the project nearing completion (most gratifying for me they are delighted with it) then came the question I had anticipated - "but who can help us maintain, update etc. when you're no longer able to help?"

I have said that there are companies who might be prepared to assist for a charge when the need arises but I am wondering does anyone UK based have other ideas or know of charitable or low cost organisations working in this field.

Come to think of it if such opportunities exist, I wouldn't mind lending a hand myself. At the grand old age 62 I may have been put out to pasture but I'm not all washed up yet!

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 03:23
Here in the states, we set up a non-profit foundation. Its role is to generate money to pay for the services. Free volunteers are difficult to find. Free volunteers who can be dependable and support the foundation's assets are even more difficult to find.
The whole idea of a foundation is to raise funds to support some effort.
Who is to say that the paid janitor is necessary while you are not?
Tell them what it cost, it is their responsibility to figure out where the revenue comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom