Datasheet vs Continous Form (1 Viewer)

ddcessex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:29
In the middle of a steep learning curve here....

So have become familiar with the Datasheet View and I like many of its features. Because I found no way of adding command buttons to a Datasheet Form I was encouraged to adopt the Continuous Form which can expose the Header and Footer for adding option buttons etc.

Spent a few days with CF and functionality came on well. Then I revisited the Datasheet Form and realised that, for large numbers of records, the Continuous Form performance was unacceptable in comparison to the Datasheet.

So I am now back to wanting Datasheet performance with command button options (eg: Add, Edit, View, Delete, Search etc.)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How do you established gurus achieve this?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:29
One way is to use the datasheet on a subform and put the buttons on the main form.

ddcessex

Registered User.
Local time
One way is to use the datasheet on a subform and put the buttons on the main form.

Just like! I'm sick!

Been trying to do this for over a week!

Thank you so much!

:):):):)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:29
Glad to help.

Literally a case of having to think outside the square.;)

ddcessex

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to help.

Literally a case of having to think outside the square.;)

That is so useful, thank you very much.

Is there any way to get rid of the layout cells in the main form?

I'm finding them a real pain.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:29
...Is there any way to get rid of the layout cells in the main form...
Not really sure what you mean, in the above.

Another approach to Command Buttons on Datasheet View Forms, if you are only faced with needing one Command Button, such as to open a separate Form, for updating, or adding a New Record, etc., is to use the Double-Click event of one or more Textboxes.

Have never had the need to do this before, but if you're facing this on a number of Forms, you might take the time to develop a custom Shortcut Menu (for help, enter 'custom shortcut menu') to be used for the entire database.

Yet another approach, assuming that you're using Access 2007 or later, would be to use a Split Form, with your Command Buttons on the 'Single Form' portion of the Form.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom