Opening specific form record from datasheet hyperlink for (New) Record (1 Viewer)

ry-mac

Local time
Today, 16:19
I found out how to open a form record from a datasheet hyperlink from this post: --https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=291232--

It Works perfectly!

I want to add to that post question by adding to the original Macro allowing the user to click on "(New)" in the subform to be able to open the same form to add a new record.

After that I would assume that I'd need to be able to refresh the data on the original form and subform.

I tried to add a pic, but I don't have enough post yet (this is my 2nd).

Attachments

• Macro.JPG
    Macro.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 345

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:19
Not clear on what you're asking. You can delete the where condition and change the data mode to open the form to a new record.

ry-mac

Local time
Today, 16:19
Thanks for the quick response!

If you'll check the url I provided in my first, you'll see where I got the where clause from. It works like a charm.

I need the Where clause there because it opens up a form from a hyperlink on the subform datasheet to the specific record that has already been created.

What I'm requesting info on is for the (New) hyperlink to open the same form, but with the ability to add a new record.

If I just use Open Form Macro, it will allow me to create a new record, but it is not related to the specific record on the Main Form. How can I relate that data, using the Where clause. I have found the answer on here before, but I can't seem to locate it.

Does this help???

Once again, thanks for any and all help!

Attachment added.

Attachments

• (New) Link.JPG
    (New) Link.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 32

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:19
Thanks for the quick response!
Due to a bug in the forum software this message was "unapproved" (hidden) for some considerable time. I have just approved it. I hope no one has been inconvenience too much! The new forum software no longer has this bug, so this problem should not reoccur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom