Access FE user auto copy most recent file (1 Viewer)

AccessUser4

Local time
Today, 12:56
Hello all-

I am a new member - long time lurker. I have learned much from reading this forum over the past year. I am mostly self taught and until recently haven't used much VBA (started using it after an on-line tutorial I took but still definitely new to code writing) to run my database. I do have a question that I haven't quite found a previous complete solution on or at least complete in terms of my understanding exactly what I need to do.:eek:

I have read through a few threads and tried to reference them here but I am under the post count to allow for posting a link.

Background:
I have an access 2007 database that is split front end and back end. There are about 15 users and the backend is stored on the network. Currently I am e-mailing out the FE when chagnes are made so they have the latest copy.

With everything I have read I think a bat file would work the best at allowing me to make changes on demand without having to continually email out new versions of the FE. Sometimes the changes are behind the scenes unnoticable to the user while others are obvious.

Questions:
Exactly HOW does a bat file work? When the user clicks on the access file stored on their laptop? Where is the bat file stored? I am unfamiliar with where to write the bat file code as well - notepad perhaps?

I am not sure how to create a bat file and what the code should be?

For version tracking I need to put a version table in the BE and in the front end correct?

Anyone? If there is a better way please also share that as well. I have made a few significant changes but I'm holding out e-mailing it if I can get this version copying firgured out and in place first.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Lisa

AccessUser4

Local time
Wow - that is a lot to take in! I am still reading and re-reading but wanted to thank you for the quick reply. After I've digested it and tried it (a lot of unfamiliar there) I'll come back and let you know how I did or if I'm stuck.

Thanks again!

Lisa

AccessUser4

Local time
Thanks - I will check again later. Actually the link I was trying to include in my first post was from 'boblarson' and it had a click my signature to see the file downloads but I was new and hadn't hit the post requirement to view it.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom