Chart on Subreport (1 Viewer)

Sinfathisar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:19
So I am adding a chart (on a subreport) to a report that has multiple subreports already. I have gotten the chart to show up correctly on the report, but now 2 of my other subreports are not working. I am being prompted to input parameters for these subreports that used to pull their parameters (between dates) from the main report.

I read somewhere that charts master/child linking doesn't work but I'm not sure if that applies to subreports with charts on them, or just charts in general. I've tried changing the query on the chart subreport a little without luck. Is this likely some glitch thing? Should I keep trying to alter the query or maybe there is some other work around option? I'll keep on googling for help as well.

I'm not sure if I'm providing enough information here or if I should try to be more specific...

Thanks

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Unless that query is also the RecordSource for the Subreport (and not just the Chart) it won't work. So, what is the RecordSource of the Subreport?

Sinfathisar

Registered User.
Local time
GinaWhipp, I used the same query as on the chart for the RecordSource of the Subreport, but I didn't include all of the same fields. I was having some trouble with the chart either not showing or showing multiple times when I messed around with this.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Since you can only link via Reports you may need two queries, one for the Chart, so you get everything you need and then a trimmed down version for the subreport. And, I'm sure you'll get the desired results, it really depends on what you're filtering on.

Sinfathisar

Registered User.
Local time
Making the Subreport query exactly the same as the chart query has made my chart show up 4 times on the report (once for each record being plotted on the chart - which I only want it to show once - all 4 records plotted on the same chart). The other two Subreports are still prompting me for parameters when I open the main report.

Seems like I am moving farther away from my goal. If the queries for the chart and its Subreport have to be the same for it to work, then maybe this just won't work.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Oops, I see a made an incorrect statement... that shou;d have been...

And, I'm NOT sure you'll get the desired results, it really depends on what you're filtering on.

Which is exactly what is happening. I have done this but the only way I got it work is because I was filtering on Customers so no duplication. Wish I could have given you a *working* answer. :(

Sinfathisar

Registered User.
Local time
That's OK - you were right! I got my query filtered correctly so the chart shows up just once, and I found my mistake with the other two Subreport errors. I copied my main report to a temp one to make changes and forgot to update the parameters on my Subreports! Oops. All is well now, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom