Custom reports creating chart based on month, not calendar year (1 Viewer)

intern_in_malawi

Local time
Today, 12:31
I am editing a database that provides the option of creating custom reports, where the user can input a date range of their choice and receive aggregate data for that time frame. Although all of the numbers in the report are correct, I am having trouble with a chart that I inserted into the report. Specifically, if the date range requested spans 2 calendar years (i.e. April 2014 through January 2015), the data for January 2015 appears at the beginning of the year (so the chart x-axis is for Jan through Dec, and the Jan 2015 data is showing up in Jan (as if it was 2014, not the end of the given range in 2015). When I try with smaller time frames within a calendar year, it adjusts just fine (i.e. shrinking the window so just March-May is displayed on the graph).

Does anybody have an idea of how to adjust the axis so that it properly records the data range- so that it would start the axis with April and end in January, for example?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:31
Is that a real date field? It would be easier understood if you can upload a screenshot of the problem and the data behind the output.

Welcome to AWF by the way!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 11:31
Do the sorting at the date field, or add a a year to the month.
2014 - April
2014 - December
2015 - January

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom