Rename source object in subform (1 Viewer)

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:38
I have been working to figure out one of my form for weeks.
So I have this form that shows the task for the week for employees. But now I have two location sites, which means, I need to seperate the task according to location so that it won't get messed up between both location.

Since the Form is kind of complex and I am also not a pro in Access, I have an idea which is to make a copy of the form.
It saves a lot of my time but, I need to rename the Source Object to something else so that I can change the VBA codes to make it suitable for the other location.

The problem is that I can't make a copy of the Source Object and rename it to something else.
I wanted to create a new subform but I don't know how to make exactly like the one in my form. Refer photo Runde.
Is there any way to make a copy and rename that Source Object? Refer photo Runde2.

Attachments

• Runde.jpg
    Runde.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Runde 2.jpg
    Runde 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 52

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:38
You could just copy and paste the form in the Navigation panel and edit the source object. Or open another instance of the same main form using VBA and edit the SourceObject of that subformcontrol.

However all this just to deal with a different location? You should be able to use the exact same form and simply change the RecordSource query to the different location.

I suspect you might have a data structure error. If you have separate tables for the different locations you definitely have the data structure wrong.

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:38
I have the same tables for both locations.
Yeah I just did the copy and paste form from the navigation panel. But I don't know how to edit the source object or create a similar one.

Or open another instance of the same main form using VBA and edit the SourceObject of that subformcontrol.

Can you explain a little bit? I don't quite understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom