Feedback form added (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:08
If you look to the right of these forums, you will notice a new feedback form. I am trying it out to see if it prompts some more ideas. :)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 10:08
I hate to be a negative nanny, but I suggest moving the bar to a less dominating position. In its current location it seems to take up valuable real estate (namely blocking certain thread titles).

Maybe others won't find it as intrusive.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I played around with the position and found the far right to be the least intrusive. But I (obviously) value your feedback, else I wouldn't have such a tab on there!

Can you let me know how it blocks certain thread titles? Where do you see the feedback tab?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:08
Works fine for me, but then again I have a wide screen monitor.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 10:08
Can you let me know how it blocks certain thread titles? Where do you see the feedback tab?

For me, the "Feedback" tab lines up with the "Go to Last Post" button on the main screen. It isn't a deal breaker for me, just seems to sort of dominate the screen.

Interestingly enough, on my smart phone the feedback button is much less of a distraction as it seems to occupy the same space as "sponsored links".

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What does the go to last button look like? I can't find it!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
May I ask what screen resolution and device you are using?

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:38
Just as a feedback.

I could see the "Feedback" button since morning and it is on the middle of vertical scrool bar. The only thing is the color chosen was bit different from the theme of site and I was considering some advertisement, so did not want to check.

But may be overall a good step in the direction of continual improvement.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 16:08
I was on my Netbook with 1024x600 for a few days. This Feedback-thingy is intrusive and annoying. It's like getting a permanent birddropping on your screen - a huge brown blob that takes a relatively large part of your screen real estate away, but cannot be wiped off.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 16:08
The community's enthusiasm for this feature appears pretty underwhelming to me, so how about at least removing it from some pages?

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:08
Jon; perhaps you could set up an opt out in the User CP section for those not wanting it (ie. those not having a wide screen)

Alan

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:08
It is no problem for me, visually.

This is the first I have heard of the GO To Button.

My Resolutions are 1366 x 768 which I thought was pretty standard for a Lap Top.

What is the difference between this and sight suggestions.?
Who gets to see what has been posted.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom