HELP me with MS Access reports (1 Viewer)

shahidnc

Local time
Today, 14:31
Hi everyone,
I have 2 questions to solve with MS Access, can anyone please guide me how to solve these, I'll be very thankful. Please fins the attached file for the tables.

5. Create a report to return the ten most lucrative customers in descending order, which displays their Surname, First Name, Total spent (which is the sum of all their bookings), their last booking date and total number of bookings.

6. Create a report to provide the total price for a specific booking. The report should take the booking number as input and return the booking number, customer surname, total time, hourly rate and total price of that specific booking. Call the report Booking Invoice.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Red Bowl Tables.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 81

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:31
This sounds like homework

5. create your query with the fields required and ordered in descending order by however you define 'lucrative'. Then change SELECT to SELECT TOP 10 (you can do this in the query properties)

6. use the booking number as a criteria

shahidnc

Local time
Thanks for your quick reply, yes it is an assignment , I am having difficulty calculating " Total spent" , could you please guide me a little more about it? Thank you

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:31
investigate using group by queries to sum values.

Your tutor should have provided you with reference materials so you will find the information there. You won't learn anything if you just try to answer the question without understanding the 'why'

good luck with your assignment

shahidnc

Local time
Well this is an Autonomy Study Course, only a book "Modern DB Management" by J.A. Hoffer is provided as helping guide. Thanks for replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom