Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Access Web

Old 07-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
abubasil
Newly Registered User

abubasil is on a distinguished road
windows iis server and Msaccess db

Hi all.How are you.
first of all excuse me for my bad English..
I've just made a way that might be useful in some circumstances like ours , in our small office, I have a friend who is registering lots of paper documents details and references into normal access mdb file and is often interrupted by people who ask him about this that document details.
the solution was one line code to OUTPUT the main table content -let its name be "names" - to names.htm file in acformatHTML this way
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "names", acFormatHTML, "D:\accessweb\names.htm"

the folder "D:\accessweb" is serving as the location of a small website in the iis settings.
In case you do not know how to setup iis. here is an illustrated guide
http://www.dnnsoftware.com/docs/deve...et-up-iis.html

Now my friend can work and updates that names.htm file by single click on a button in the interface of his db to output the table(s) and overwrite the new updates to the names.htm whenever needed.

and others can reach that lan website in my friend's PC from their cellphones who are connected to the same router in the office. and lookup what they need. I added some functionality to this little website via javascript to add search feature ,I share this idea with you in the attachments.

thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip accessweb.zip (79.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by abubasil; 07-06-2017 at 07:10 PM.
abubasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
abubasil
Newly Registered User

abubasil is on a distinguished road
Re: windows iis server and Msaccess db

Few people care!
Okay .
I am not excel user or programmer , but I -after this post- discovered that excel can not only save data into webpage.htm but can also publish data in the meaning each time you edit and save the worksheet , new updates will be published into that webpage.
in my case that webpage was located in the iis folder which means I provide people with web interface for my data in excel format which is more powerful than any other javascript grid you may think of.
abubasil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: