New Member from Louisiana (1 Viewer)

dbacpa

Local time
Today, 08:48
Greetings all,

While I am a new member here, I am one of the few CPAs that I know who gets a lot of use out of Microsoft Access. Some of my prior projects were inventory management for an auto parts store, patient census information for a medical facility and conversion table items for a patient billing system to the financial accounting system. That last one was a doozie because I had to reconcile the revenue in the Patient Accounting system to the Financial system for ten hospitals on a monthly basis and find any charges that didn't get mapped over properly.

My current use of Microsoft Access is to keep track of my employer's 401k detail data since their financial system sucks for doing this as it only allows tracking for ONE standard 401(k) code. Oh you want a system delivered report on the Roth 401(k) code too? Pay us our standard hourly rates and we will build it for you. Yeah, NO!

I also use it to prepare the monthly financial statements since a data condense was performed on the financials system, and 2010 to 2014 detail is no longer in the computer system. Unfortunately, I have to track all the inception to date job activity for this facility, so I had to get creative.

I'm just here to learn more.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:48
Welcome...welcome...welcome. I'm sure you will be able to supply us with some very useful tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom