Question User Log-out Time Tracking (1 Viewer)

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 21:44
Hi Experts,

I have a shared front-end application being used by more then 50 users (appx. 10 users simultaneously at a time). Front-end placed font-end application on a shared server and created a VB6 based Login window for user to access on it. VB login window logs the user data into back-end mdb with UserName, LoginTime, IPAddres etc and copy the font-end application into user's temp folder and runs. Each time user click on VB6 login window, the whole action is repeated.

Now I want to track the user's log-out time. What would be the simplest way to track it.

Note: Front-End and Back-End is developed using MS Access 2003 but front-end is used by both Ms Access 2003 and 2007 as per user's system capability. Front-end communicates with back-end using Adodb connection. Platform is XP, Vista and Win7.

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:14
I think you can use an external log file to record the login/logout activities of users. I have used this method to track the open/close events of the database by Users. The link is given below:

Database open close event alerts

You may modify the code or develop something similar.

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 21:44
Thanks for the reply,

I read your navigated approach but it says the main switchboard of database should be open, then it will capture users log.

Actually, I have some different situation. If you open the front-end, it connects to back-end through ADODB connection without opening back-end file. Front-end fetchs data into front-end and closes connection. In this way, Back-end can never be engaged and multiple users can be connect at a time.

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:14
You can link the required table from back-end with vba, transfer the table contents to the front-end (it looks like you are not updating the back-end), remove the connection. I hope the following link will give you enough informaton to start with:

Link External Tables with VBA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom