Why most assholes are men (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:50
Are we conflating a Type A personality with being a A-hole? Or are they synonymous.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:50
Are we conflating a Type A personality with being a A-hole? Or are they synonymous.
I think most people that act like this are prolly type A's. Although I'm sure these people come in all forms, type B's included. I personally have never seen a type B act like this though. I believe they're supposed to be pretty passive.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:50
What happens to you when you lose that control, when you lose your temper, when you get to the point in your driving where you could actually harm someone?

Uncle G, the issue - in this I at least partly agree with vba_php - is that, staying within your metaphor, sometimes you need to be an aggressively defensive driver to counteract the aggressive selfish-idiot drivers of the world.

I can see folks running a business as defensively aggressive to protect their own investment and to protect the jobs of those who work for them. Whether their motive is actual caring for the employees or merely the recognition that they have a work force that is already trained and therefore represents a type of non-monetary asset? Doesn't matter. In either case you would do things to maintain that asset and that "do things" sometimes includes the old Western-move cliche' "Head them off at the pass."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom