Selection from continues form (1 Viewer)

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 17:18
Hello Experts,

I've a main form with sub form in it. Main form is a single form while sub form is a continues form as Access default setting applies. the sub form contains related transaction of Main form and sub form has record selector enabled.

Question:
Is there a way to open a particular transaction from sub form in another form or report to view full description double clicking on record selector.
OR
Is there a way that Main form directly go to the transaction which I clicked twice in sub form (continues).
I am going to show image preview of my dezire...........

OK.......... Now I want each transaction in RELATED TRANSACTION FORM to behave like a LINK that whenever I click on it, Main form should show details of that link or goto that record.

Is it possible.............. Thnx in Advance............... :)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:18
The following will open a form related to a record on your instigating form;

Code:
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "FRM_YourFormName" [COLOR="SeaGreen"]'Were is the name of the form you wish to open[/COLOR]

stLinkCriteria = "[ID]=" & Me![ID]    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]'Were ID is a common linking ID[/COLOR]
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Put it in the Form_DblClick if you want it to fire on a double click of the record selector.

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 17:18
Hi John,

John, it works when I put it in form_doubleclick event, thanks :) but does it work with goto command like when I double click, the main form should go to ID that I clicked...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom