drill down views? (1 Viewer)

joe789

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Hi Folks,

If this is easily possible, it would be awesome and would really help me a lot ... this is for non-profit government agency.

If I have several tables, one of which is a base table that has a unique primary key and header information (36 clients = 36 unique rows of information). This table is linked to several other tables in the appropriate way so as to include all 36 clients regardless of if each and every one of those clients exists in the other tables. Most of the other tables are one-to-many as they are details for these 36 clients.

Is there any way thru a query or report to display a drill down view of this information (for lack of a better term). Perhaps something similar almost to crystal reports? An example would be the following:

PERSON 123 UNIQUE ROW HEADER INFORMATION
- DETAILS FROM TABLE II DISPLAYED BELOW
- DETAILS FROM TABLE III DISPLAYED BELOW (no data=nodisplay)
- DETAILS FROM TABLE 4 DISPLAYED BELOW
PERSON 345 UNIQUE ROW HEADER INFORMATION
PERSON 678 UNIQUE ROW HEADER INFORMATION

And so on and so forth, so this way the data is displayed in a tight drill down format and is normalized so as to not duplicate anything. I have about 8 tables I am working with. I have used the relationship manager to set the relationships, if that helps any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 18:31
just put all the tables into a query, add the columns you want, create a report based on the query and organize the fields in the order you want. use headers and 'sorting and grouping' to keep things together the way you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom