Form formatting - background won't go away (1 Viewer)

WTE

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:41
Hi

I have run into an issue with a few of my forms. I had created most of the forms I need for a database in Access 2007, but I recently upgraded to Access 2010. With the new version the navigation control is available to I am making use of it. However, this means I need to change the formatting (colors, looks etc) of a few of the forms created before the switch. I had applied a theme in the old version, that I cannot remove now. Whenever I try to simply make my form white, colors from the theme remain in the form header - if I remove the header, the colors appear in the detail. I have tried changing the background colors and so on from the properties menu, by applying a new theme and my simply right-clicking and choosing white as a background filler. Nothing seems to get rid of the old theme colors. I would love it if someone has an insight.

Thanks a million,

WTE

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
Hi

I have run into an issue with a few of my forms. I had created most of the forms I need for a database in Access 2007, but I recently upgraded to Access 2010. With the new version the navigation control is available to I am making use of it. However, this means I need to change the formatting (colors, looks etc) of a few of the forms created before the switch. I had applied a theme in the old version, that I cannot remove now. Whenever I try to simply make my form white, colors from the theme remain in the form header - if I remove the header, the colors appear in the detail. I have tried changing the background colors and so on from the properties menu, by applying a new theme and my simply right-clicking and choosing white as a background filler. Nothing seems to get rid of the old theme colors. I would love it if someone has an insight.

Thanks a million,

WTE

Have you checked to see if there is a background image on the form?

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 06:41
Hi,
Ok, let me see if I got your point.
if you have modified your theme and want to apply this to all your form, then just open your form in design view, modify your them then go to AutoFormat dialog. In AutoFormat dialog, you can see a button 'Customize'. Click on it and you will see 3 options.
1. Create a new AutoFormat based on the Form "Your Opened Form Name"
2. Update "Theme Name" with values from the Form "Your Opened Form Name"
3. Delete "Theme Name"

you can selete 1st option to create your own theme based on your current setting.
After this, open other forms and apply your created theme. To edit theme, just edit one, this will update others.

WTE

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:41
I did check if there is a background image on the form - it seemed that there wasn't. Also, I could not find the AutoFormat dialogue box.

There must have been a background picture though - I finally removed it by changing picture type from embedded to linked at which point I could choose to remove it. Thank you for your input - this just saved me several hours creating new forms!

WTE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom