A Few Questions About Access with ASPX (ADO.NET) (1 Viewer)

Heatshiver

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
I am creating a database in Access 2010 and want to put it online using Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. I had a few questions about certain issues when creating my database and trying to make a website that can use it:

1) If I use VBA in Access is there a way to carry that over in Visual Web Developer?

2) Is there any way to import forms/reports into Visual Web Developer?

3) I know I can make a link to have the Access DB downloaded, but is there a way to have the Access DB offline sync to the Access DB online? Maybe through VBA?

4) If I have people download the Access DB, and there is a way to upload their new data, will there be conflicts for fields like ID?

Example: I have a field called Report Number as my Primary Key and it is set to AutoNumber. If two people are using the downloaded Access DB and are both filling out different information for (let's say) Report Number 2, will they override one another when they sync to the online Access DB? Or will the online Access DB know to have them as different Report Numbers?

5) Is there a better way to place my Access DB on the web and have the full functionality that it has offline?

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom