Access 2003 and FrontPage 2003 DB is locked (1 Viewer)

tonymuffin

Local time
Today, 00:23
I have a number of .asp pages designed in FrontPage 2003 with Access Database results regions. Things were working just fine until just recently. Most every time I try to edit the Database from within FrontPage I am unable to save the changes as the database is locked. I cannot delete the .ldb file and the only way to unlock it is to do an IISRESET on my server which causes the .ldb file to go away. Once I move this site from my development server to the hosting server I obviosly will not be able to do that anymore.

I even have some forms created in FrontPage that input to the Access database per the instructions in FrontPage. The forms did work for a while. However, now when entering data from the form to the database most of the time nothing gets entered. There is no error message saying that the database is locked or any reason as to why nothing entered gets saved. I have validated that the Form is making a connection with the database.

I need the ability to access and edit the database via FrontPage for my client.

Questions:
1. If FrontPage and Access are suppose to work together exactly in this manner why is there so much issue when trying to save edits to the database and how does one work around it?

2. I have read on other forums where I need to give "modify" permissions to the IUSR (network user) and also Network System to the fpdb folder containing the DB. I have done both and still no results.

3. What is locking the Database and how do I get it unlocked and working again? What is the best practice here?

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom