Access Link to Mapserver... Not working (1 Viewer)

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:37
Hey Everyone, I'm going to start by saying, I can program in Access Alright, and I have done a real small amount of work on our Server site with this mapserver, but I am by no means an expert.

We have a map server that displays points, these points are linked to a database. Now to create the connections the website has an administration tool which basically just writes all the xml files.

Now I have a bunch of Databases sitting on "Server2" and the links were working perfectly when they were located on "Server" but now they don't work. I should also say these are back end databases that were originally just a single database...

I get this error when i try to connect via IE7
Error found: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

So what I have tried..
Firstly I went into access and tried to open the database exclusivly.. and it worked.. So then i figured it was permissions. So i made sure the IUSER got permission to view the databases.
I tried using the UNC path initially but i thought maybe because the website is served from "server2" and it being all local maybe it wanted absolute paths.. nope..
I'm not sure what to do now...
I have ANOTHER database that has been split but it's back end still sits on "Server" and it seems to work fine..
infact, there are no permissions on the database on "server" and it still works! not sure why that would be..
Does Anyone have any idea? I did a search on this error and got the MS support page but it really hasn't told me anything I havn't already tried.. Altho it did mention something about the connection being set exclusive, but i don't know where i would check that..
Ideas are VERY appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom