Sending Google Mail (Gmail) from MS Access, VBA, Excel, Word... (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:27
I have just posted a blog in MS Access hints and tips here: Sending Google Mail (Gmail) from MS Access, VBA, Excel, Word...

Escape From Outlook
Microsoft tightly combine their applications together however sometimes it’s nice to escape from Microsoft Products and use others. Here I demonstrate how you can use Google Mail to send out an e-mail from an Internet connected PC, and you can also do this covertly!
This Example is From:
Windows® XP Under the Hood, Pg. 266 Chapter 6 Messaging and Faxing Objects
Extract
This basic example sends a simple, no-frills text message every time the script is run: Example File: script0603.vbs As you can see, the original file was a VBScript file; I have converted this to VBA.

Google e-mail Account
I have also set up a Gmail account to send the emails through. You are welcome to use this account for testing, however I suggest you set up your own Gmail account and change the hard coded information where necessary if you intend using this code for your own purposes.

Gmail From MS Access (the Video)
Can't show the video here!

Text from the above Video
This video is of a demo MS Access database which shows you how to send an e-mail from Google mail using
VBA. Press the “Send a Test Email” button and wait and then you get this message saying that the message sent is "True". It doesn't necessarily mean the message has been sent, it just means the code operated successfully. It is not necessary to have that confirmation message appear, this can be hidden, hence you have the ability to send email from your application covertly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom