automated sending report by E-mail (1 Viewer)

Aks69cw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:23
Hi Everyone, I've seen some questions about this issue and perhaps I'm thinking to difficult to answer my own problem.

What is my issue?
Every month I have to make a report about registration of hours of a group of employees. (These employees have a deal with direction about travel hours vs. working hours).

This report has to be send to the group members but only the data which is valid for the group member in it. There are 11 persons in this group so I have to send 11 reports.

I've tried several solutions found on this forum and on the Internet but none are what works for me. First of all: I made a query with the hours registered from this group. I couldn't export it because it was read-only. That was because the query contains joins to the employee table.
After that I tried it with a report. That nearly went well but it contained all data and not the seperated info.

What I need to know:
  • What is easier/better: use a query or use a report?
  • Is there code which looks in my query or the report and makes it into seperated reports?
I've tried the code of Tony Hine but I can't make it work :mad:
After that I need to do a mail-merge.
But first of all do I need to make the seperated reports to work.

Suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards, AKS69CW

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:23
Firstly you need to create a report in access that shows you all your data.

Once you have this you can then group the data by your group members - this should give you a page/section of report per group member.

Once this is formatted the way you want it you can then look at emailing the specific data from the report to your recipient(s), directly from Access if required.

Try to get to the stage where you have the correct data and a report formatted the way you want then help can be given for the emailing.

Aks69cw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi everyone, thank you for helping. It seems more difficult then I expected.
The tips about designing the query and then the report are very useful.:)
I found out that with the right design and use of fields it is easier to join different systems together.

Right now do I start all over with my query. I need to adapt it in a few ways. I need some fields to use for joining and I also noticed that the numbers in my query are with decimals.
This I need to change too.

Learning this is great!

Kind regards, Aks69cw

Aks69cw

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Minty, thank you for helping. It seems more difficult then I expected.
The tips about designing the query and then the report are very useful.
I found out that with the right design and use of fields it is easier to join different systems together.

Aks69cw

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Pbaldy, Thank you for the links and information provided. I need some time to study all this information and destil the things I need.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:23
No problem, post back if you get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom