DoCmd.Close Command works slowly (1 Viewer)

richardw

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:59
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my Access project. When I close a form it takes pretty much time to execute the command (up to 50 secs).
When I close and reopen Access it works perfectly.. but when opened more than 30mins then I have the problem again.

I have no problem with my code which I fully optimized.

I searched all along and found that the problem could be resolved with a hotfix proposed by Microsoft.

At the time, I didn't install the hotfix because I'm in a company and have to pass by IT department and wanted to know if anyone of you has already experienced this probleme and how he solved it. Is there an alternative?

Also, I'd like to know if there is a hotfix for Access Runtime versions (because the final users will use it to execute the app).

Thanks in advance :)

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 21:59
I have never seen this. It must be local with your PC?
how must memory does the pc have?
how many screens are open at the time?

richardw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Ranman, thank you for your response.

I finally found the source of the problem: The programm is located in a network folder.
But I can't solve the problem :( I am forced to place it in this folder ..

If there is a solution that could speed up the program just a little bit I am a taker!

Thanks in advance

richardw

Registered User.
Local time
I solved it!
For those who may experience the problem:

Split the database and put the front-end in the user's local folder & the back-end in the network folder => Gained up to 70% of the processing time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom