Win 10 / EasySuite (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 14:44
I have a USB cable (USB both ends) (called EasySuite) that I have used for at least 3 years to transfer files from one computer to another. All of a sudden it stopped working. I have two of the same cable and both won't work. Probable some darn security precaution that Win just installed with the last upgrade.
Anybody have an idea what's wrong?
Some day someone will put MS out of business,

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
Some day someone will put MS out of business,

alternatives microsoft access

OpenOffice Base / LibreOffice Base. OpenOffice / LibreOffice (our LibreOffice review LibreOffice - …
Axisbase. Axisbase was brought to life by a frustrated developer, angered at the expense of forcing …
Glom. For its interesting name and potential, two issues from the outset made me lose interest in …
FileMaker Pro (30 Day Free Trial). We’ve included FileMaker Pro’s 30 Day Free Trial as a potential …

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
alternatives microsoft access

OpenOffice Base / LibreOffice Base. OpenOffice / LibreOffice (our LibreOffice review LibreOffice - …
Axisbase. Axisbase was brought to life by a frustrated developer, angered at the expense of forcing …
Glom. For its interesting name and potential, two issues from the outset made me lose interest in …
FileMaker Pro (30 Day Free Trial). We’ve included FileMaker Pro’s 30 Day Free Trial as a potential …

Nothing easy to use however to replace Win

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yeah kind of. You are hoping someone will put MS out of business, so where would that leave you? :p

No, I am not hoping they go out of business, but it always happens, a company gets so big they think they can do whatever they please and some day somebody comes along and does it better and cheaper.
Ask Sears?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
Your absolutely right Dick, I was just having a bit of fun. Hopefully someone can help you with your issue.

How's your wife? we haven't heard much about her for a while.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Your absolutely right Dick, I was just having a bit of fun. Hopefully someone can help you with your issue.

How's your wife? we haven't heard much about her for a while.

That's because I have been out of town so much and haven't had much time to get on AWF. For example I just spent two weeks in Biloxi, MS. Do you know how much work it is checking out all those buffets.:D.

She is doing quite well, but still giving me Access challenges.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:44
all my clients use windows, so no point in me looking at Linux. A few would like to move to apple OS (why - because it has great personal software) but are frustrated at the lack of appropriate business software - and the lack of relevant expertise to 'build your own' aka access. And for many relying on web based solutions just isn't an option.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:44
Are both of the computers on another network? (Doesn't even have to be the same network.) And I'm going to assume you aren't running on a Windows Server 2012 or later? I.e. not an "advanced" system.

If so, the problem is that Windows won't let a Home system be on two networks at once, or at least deeply frowns on that. There IS such a thing as establishing a network across USB, so I'm wondering if Windows suddenly recognized the USB-to-USB connection after a patch that made it smarter.

And the OTHER possibility is that if it recognized the connection as potentially being a network, then automated network detection caused it to set up a "listener" on each cable, which would block another process from assigning it privately in order to transfer files. Because the listener has taken over the connection.

I'd have to do a little research to tell you how to find that out because normally Windows doesn't want to show you device I/O queues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom