Just Thinking about moving my main db to sql server (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 22:31
Been playing with access for some 20 years and only just decided to learn SQL server so got myself From Access to SQL Server: Moving from Access to Microsoft SQL Server cost £3 lol

the problem I have and why sql server is my database over the last 20 years has grown to hold 18 million records with the bigest table of 5.5 million enties this database is spread across 12 backends linked to one front end.

I think i will be seaking a lot of advice as just planning to move that lot across is going to give me nightmares.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:31
I took the plunge about 8 months ago and life has never been better.

I see you have bought a book, but if you are a more visual learning inclined, here is a series of videos I watched to help me migrate.

Best of luck and you know where to come if you get stuck...

https://youtu.be/e9MMDDI1pUI

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Been playing with access for some 20 years and only just decided to learn SQL server so got myself From Access to SQL Server: Moving from Access to Microsoft SQL Server cost £3 lol

How did you manage that?

Dreamweaver

Local time
I don't develope aps for others as have had the same job for 20 years but starting to look at maybe changing that in the next 5-10 years, don't see myself sitting on my fat arse when I'm retired lol

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I meant the cost?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Amazon marketplace it's not a new copy but for 3 quid worth a look lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom