Not all fields can grow (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:54
Hi All,
I have a report, not all fields are can be set as Layout Tabular or Stacked as I have fields next to each other and below each other.
Fields Interval and Interval 1 are fields that can grow. Because I can not select all fields to a layout, some fields can not grow so the reports does not have the proper lines around the field.
Any solution please?

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:54
Remove the layout guides so that each control does what you want

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
I Tried that, but I need a border around each field, but for Interval and Interval 1 I need to draw my own border which needs to grow as well

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Why is having a border an issue? Add a border to each control & set Can Grow = Yes

If you want Grid lines instead, you will need to use layout guides but if so include all your fields.
At the moment you have some items in your layout frame but not all

Personally I find layout guides have few advantages and add lots of problems ... but its up to you

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Adding a border to each control will give the impression that Task N, Interval and interval 1 is 3 different fields, when printed, these 3 fields should look like one field. that is why I tried using the rectangle as a border but rectangle can not grow. Not sure I know how to use layout guides, will search

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Adding a border to each control will give the impression that Task N, Interval and interval 1 is 3 different fields, when printed, these 3 fields should look like one field. that is why I tried using the rectangle as a border but rectangle can not grow. Not sure I know how to use layout guides, will search

A rectangle can be made to grow using VBA but I think you would find coding that quite tricky so best leave that idea alone

I thought you were already using layout guides from your original screenshots.
Look in Design view.
Did you create your report using the wizard?
Do you have faint dotted lines around several grouped controls?
If you look on the Arrange tab, are the ribbon controls enabled?
If so, you are using layout guides/frames

If not, on a COPY of your form, use the mouse to enclose 2 or more controls you want to group then try the different alternatives to see if you like them.
If you don't like them, just revert to what you had before

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
No I did not use the wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom