Print both sides (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:15
Hi All,

Is there any way a print button can print on both side's and 2 per page with the option to flip up or flip over?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:15
I had requirement to output 1 record of data to 5-page report. Had to build each page as a separate report object. Pause printing code with message box for user to manually flip paper.

But I presume you are printing a multi-record report that is a single report object design. PrintOut method does have argument to allow printing specific page(s). Might be able to print 1 page at a time in a loop. Difficulty is determining how many pages. And if you have page numbering, it might get messed up.

Last edited:

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
yes it is a 26 page report with page numbers

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:15
Hi All,

Is there any way a print button can print on both side's and 2 per page with the option to flip up or flip over?
It depend of the printer and if it is able to print on both side. So look at the printer setup.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
So is this a single report object for multiple records? If printer has duplex capability, code can change printer settings for 2-sided print. If no duplex capability then need code to pause print while user flips paper.

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
So is this a single report object for multiple records? If printer has duplex capability, code can change printer settings for 2-sided print. If no duplex capability then need code to pause print while user flips paper.

the printer has all the functions needed :), not sure how to setup the report.
I have deiced though to rather output to PDF as I need the file save in anycase, then I will print as required.
Thanx for the help

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, if this is a single report object, just set up to display as you want it to in PrintPreview. The page breaks will carry over to PDF.

Printing then saving to PDF is easier approach than saving and printing PDF, programmatically.

Last edited:

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:45
Duplex printing is a feature of most Laser Printers. Change the configuration setting of the printer to print pages on both sides of the paper, by flipping the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom