Export report to multiple PDFs (1 Viewer)

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:49
I have found several threads on this topic, and have found some code to get started with in this thread:
http://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=206372&highlight=outputto&page=2

But after trying several tweaks, I just can't quite get it to work. I am fairly new to Access and can handle vba for doing things on forms but recordsets and this type of code is a little over my head, so please if you have any suggestions, I will probably need it spelled out.

Here is what I'm trying to do: I have a small database to track errors found on accounts. I would like a pdf report to be saved for each processor [ProcessorName] on a drive, which would be done once a week. In another database, I have it set up to select the Processor in a combobox and export the report to the drive. This works fine, but that requires each processor to be selected individually. I would like it to save each processor's report in one click, if possible.

Here is what I have:
Query: qryUCCErrors - shows errors found by Processor
Form: frmReports - has txtStartDate and txtEndDate. The user enters the date range they would like to filter the report by, and the query references those controls as criteria for [QCDate].
Report: rptUCCErrors - Grouped on ProcessorName

Here is what I have for code:
It is currently stuck on the DoCmd.OutputTo line with a runtime error 2501: The OutputTo action was canceled. Also, I am totally guessing on the top section and the parameters. I don't know anything about this and am just using what I found in other threads.

Code:
Private Sub Command6_Click()
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Dim qdf As QueryDef
Set db = CurrentDb
Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qryUCCErrors")
qdf.Parameters(0).Value = Forms!frmReports!txtStartDate
qdf.Parameters(1).Value = Forms!frmReports!txtEndDate
Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset
Do While Not rst.EOF
    strRptFilter = "[ProcessorName] = " & Chr(34) & rst.Fields("ProcessorName") & Chr(34)

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptUCCErrors", acFormatPDF, "I:\Direct and Indirect Admin\Collateral QC Reports\" & "\" & rst![ProcessorName] & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".pdf"
    DoEvents
    rst.MoveNext
Loop
rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing
Set qdf = Nothing
Set db = Nothing
End Sub

Is anything standing out as incorrect? Don't mind the beginning of the drive, it is a network drive with the long path, but I took it out as it has the company name. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:49
You have too many slashes in the filename: (This website keeps erasing my slash marks)
...Collateral QC Reports"SLASH & "SLASH" & rst![ProcessorName]

should be:
...Collateral QC Reports" SLASH & rst![ProcessorName]...

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response. I changed it as you suggested to:

Code:
Collateral QC Reports"\& rst![ProcessorName] & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".pdf"

and I get a Compile error: Syntax error.

Also, should the processor name part be as above or should it be rst.Field("ProcessorName")? In my search, I found it both ways and have tried both but not sure which to stick with.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 05:49
Code:
"I:\Direct and Indirect Admin\Collateral QC Reports\" [COLOR="Red"]& "\"[/COLOR] & rst![ProcessorName] & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".pdf"

Should be

Code:
"I:\Direct and Indirect Admin\Collateral QC Reports\" & rst![ProcessorName] & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".pdf"

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, I have updated it as you said, but I am still getting the same runtime error and stuck on the same line of code.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:49
It's always best to post your current code. There may be a typo that you are not seeing.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 05:49
To take a step back and see if there is another error that is not obvious, I would add, after your last variable is declared

Code:
Dim asFilePath as String

and add
Code:
asFilePath = "I:\Direct and Indirect Admin\Collateral QC Reports\" & rst![ProcessorName] & Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".pdf"
MsgBox "Saving file to " & asFilePath

just before you try to output the report. Make sure you KNOW where the file will be saved.

Jupie23

Registered User.
Local time
My own stupid mistake! After changing the drive to my desktop as a test and it worked, I found when using the long network path that I was missing a folder. :banghead: For anyone else looking for it, this is the code that works to export each person's report to a folder:

Code:
Private Sub cmdExport_Click()
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Dim qdf As QueryDef
Set db = CurrentDb
Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qryUCCErrors")
qdf.Parameters(0).Value = Forms!frmReports!txtStartDate
qdf.Parameters(1).Value = Forms!frmReports!txtEndDate
Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset
Do While Not rst.EOF
    strRptFilter = "[ProcessorName] = " & Chr(34) & rst![ProcessorName] & Chr(34)

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptUCCErrors", acFormatPDF, "I:\Direct and Indirect Admin\QC Reports\" & rst![ProcessorName] & " - " & Format(Date, "mm.dd.yyyy") & ".pdf"
    DoEvents
    rst.MoveNext
Loop
rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing
Set qdf = Nothing
Set db = Nothing
End Sub

Thank you so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom