Images display fine in report, until you re-open it, then nada (1 Viewer)

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:10
This one is confusing to me...

I have a report iterating through several saved images in the items table just fine. When I close access and re-open that db, the pages iterate but no images show up. Only when I go and re-add ONE image in a record does Access remember where to find the images for all the saved records.

I must be doing something wrong. An ideas on this one?

I am using an image control with the attachment.filename as source.
Do i need to hard code a path somewhere?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
What is the value in attachment.filename? If you enter a full path in that field, does that solve the problem?

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for your help on displaying the images. I have passed that hurdle but face a new one.

i am still saving the images in the db using the attachment dtype, for now due to needing to get a beta version out by friday/monday. I am then iterating through each line item in a project, displaying attachments per lineitem, which varies, sometimes none, sometimes 1 or as many as 8 occasionally. I print 2 reports, one is a schedule or a bill of materials basically, listing all lineitems. 2nd report is only the images (shop drawings) for the items, complete with the same notes per item that appear in the 1st report.

the image report works ok while entering items and then hitting the button to goto cut sheets report (images). no problems. works even after closing the db and re-opening. EXCEPT if you shut Access down. Then if you open the entry form and click the cut sheet report, no images display. Also the page numbering throws a ?name# error. If i go in and redo one record, then all of them work again.

any clues? i can upload the app to a bucket or something if you feel like looking at it.

I've only been using Access for a week so i'm kind of poking around in the dark :)

Thanks for any advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom