Print to tray (1 Viewer)

Lewy18

Local time
Today, 00:00
I am currently using Access 2016 across a wired network. On the main PC(Running Win7 64bit), on which the database resides I have 2 reports that I print from vba. The first goes to Tray 2 on my HP Laser cp2025n and the other report prints on paper from tray 3, all well and good. The printer and respective trays have been set in the Page setup for each individual report. However when I go to print the same reports on another PC (Win10, 64bit), I get the error message "This document was previously..etc" If I choose the default printer, which is the same network printer, it prints to tray 2 rather than 3. I have trawled the internet and tried many things to no avail. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Lewy

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:00
you should first setup
the Printer (Add if not exists)
on the computers Device And Printers
before using the database.

there is a great utility by
Allen Browne (OpenTheReport).
you may google it.

its a replacement for DoCmd.Open acReport, ...
it checks for the printer and everything
before sending the report to print.

Lewy18

Local time
Have already setup the printer on both pc's with the same settings. The printer itself is connected to the network through the hub with it's own static IP address. That's why I can't work out what is causing the problem. I will have look at Allen Browne page though. Thank you for the reply.

Lewy :)

Lewy18

Local time
solved it by assigning the printer and tray (in Page Setup) on the pc that was having problems with Access open only on that PC and not on any others on the network. Now working fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom