ODBC Query (1 Viewer)

Acropolis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:30
I have a DB with a MySQL back end. Lots of people use this and it works brilliantly.

Recently IT decided to change the server the back end is hosted on to another domain, so all the ODBC connectors on machines were updated to reflect this, it changed from a named server to an IP address.

Everything works fine, with the exception of a single form, which when you try and open it opens up the ODBC configure view with the old details in it, type in the IP address and it works fine - until the next time you open it.

I cannot find any reason for this what so ever as to why it might be happening, as the backend details aren't located anywhere within the code or forms, only in the windows ODBC connector (to my knowledge anyway).

I have updated the links to all the tables, i have even tried removing to linked table and re-adding it, but it still does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:30
While I cannot tell you WHY it works this why, try this approach as a work-around.

For the form having trouble, do not connect the form to the table. Make a single-table query that has every field in the ODBC table, essentially a "front" man. Then connect the form to the query. If this doesn't work, at least it was an easy thing to try.

Acropolis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:30
I'll give that a try tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom