Recreate Excel Pivot Table Actions (1 Viewer)

tanyamc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:33
I have created a report in Access that returns the same information as a pivot table I designed in Excel. In Excel, when you click on a count of an item, it opens a new worksheet that lists all the records that were counted.

What is the best way to replicate that in Access, so if they click on Item A, they will see datasheet for all the Item A items with details from the query records?

Report example:

ITEM-------------DUE-------------DONE
Item A------------16---------------9

I used Count function based on a query to get the totals
=Count([DUE A]) or =Count([DONE A])

Datasheet details example

NAME-------ITEM----------DUE--------DONE
Joe-------- Item A-------- 1/1/19 ---1/10/19
Jane------- Item A --------1/1/19

Many thanks for helping me understand the best way to design it.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:33
Reports in PrintPreview are not interactive. Reports in ReportView can have Click events. Code would open another form or report.

tanyamc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:33
Thanks. I was hoping to use OnClick to produce a filtered version of the source query. Is that possible? Or do I need to make a query for each item that will open with OnClick (in which case I would have been better off to do that first and basing my report off those :( )?

Again, trying to learn lessons about how to design/think through processes as well as the mechanics. Thanks.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:33
It is rather unusual to make a report interactive and I never have.

One query with filter criteria. If you want to open a query, then filter parameters have to reference controls on form or report (or a bunch of VBA to modify query object). If you open a form or report then filter parameter can be passed via WHERE argument of OpenForm or OpenReport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom