Custom ribbon images (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:19
I already managed to load custom Ribbon images.
JPG images load fine, but they have no transparency
I tried to use both ICO and PNG format with no luck.
How can I have the custom Ribbon images with transparent backgound ?

Thanks,

smig

Registered User.
Local time
I use external files. I don't save them in table or on form

ICO files will not load. Maybe something is wrong in the file format ?
Transparent GIF files are in low res and will load with gray background :mad:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:19
you're image files should already have transparent background (png) for it to work.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:19
As I said in post #2, the download file from that link uses ico files.
They do work! Have you tried it?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
As I said in post #2, the download file from that link uses ico files.
They do work! Have you tried it?
Yes, I did, but they are stored in a table as binary data, so I can't really check them.
The File.Ico is just an index name to the binary data in the table.

for me even the App's ICO file that works perfectly won't load as image in the Ribbon :banghead:

smig

Registered User.
Local time
I think this one shed a big light on the issue
http://www.ribbons-access.com/ms-access/ribbon-creator-builder-and-editor-part-5.asp

I'm using the Application.LoadPicture to load the images
seems it can't load PNG or ICO files.
for these images they must be stored in a table, as Gunter Avenius did.

How do I store the images into a table ?

*** Edit ***
In Gunter's Binary table the binary data shown as "Long Binary Data"
when I load an image into this table it shown as "Package" :eek:

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Using the Ribbon Creator application, I can either use any of the built in Office ribbon images or load an external image file BMP, PNG, JPG or ICO.

So I don't know the answer to that question as its really not necessary to do so

The attached image shows a small number of the several hundred built in image files to choose from. I've always found something suitable in there...!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 235

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Using the Ribbon Creator application, I can either use any of the built in Office ribbon images or load an external image file BMP, PNG, JPG or ICO.

So I don't know the answer to that question as its really not necessary to do so

The attached image shows a small number of the several hundred built in image files to choose from. I've always found something suitable in there...!
In most cases I could find a nice icon suitable for my needs.
In some rare cases I couldn't

What is the Ribbon Creator application? I'm using XML editor.

The question for me now if there is an alternative to Application.LoadPicture

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:19
In most cases I could find a nice icon suitable for my needs.
In some rare cases I couldn't

Hi. According to the link you posted earlier, you would use LoadPicture for BMPs and use LoadImage for PNGs and ICOs.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. According to the link you posted earlier, you would use LoadPicture for BMPs and use LoadImage for PNGs and ICOs.

There is no built in Application.LoadImage() command

I'm trying to follow Gunter's GDI use in IconInRibbon App, but feel kind of lost there

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:19
No, but was it not in the sample download from that link? I didn't download it but just saw the call to the function in the code posted on the page.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
No, but was it not in the sample download from that link? I didn't download it but just saw the call to the function in the code posted on the page.
Not sure what link you refer to

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time

Ribbon Creator is the software available at Gunter Avenius' site: https://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Ribbon_Creator

This is an extract from the ribbon XML from one of my apps

Code:
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="OnRibbonLoad" [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]loadImage="LoadImages"[/COLOR][/B]>
  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
    <tabs>
      <tab id="tab1" label="Help" getVisible ="GetVisible" tag = "RibbonName:=Help;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=" > 
        <group id="grp0" autoScale="false" centerVertically="false" label="Info" getVisible ="GetVisible" tag = "RibbonName:=;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" >
          <button id="btn0" size="large" label="Getting Started" screentip="View the Getting Started Guide for this application" supertip=" " imageMso="HelpGettingStarted" tag="RibbonName:=Help;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
          <button id="btn1" size="large" label="User Guide" screentip="View the User Guide for this application" supertip=" " imageMso="FileDocumentManagementInformation" tag="RibbonName:=Help;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
        </group>
        <group id="grp1" autoScale="false" centerVertically="false" label="Support Tools" getVisible ="GetVisible" tag = "RibbonName:=;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" >
          <button id="btn2" size="large" label="Check for Updates" screentip="Check the program website for a newer version" supertip=" " imageMso="ProductUpdates" tag="RibbonName:=Help;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
          <button id="btn3" size="large" label="Email Support" screentip="Send an email to customer support" supertip=" " imageMso="FileNewEmail" tag="RibbonName:=Help;inMenu:=;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:=;CustomPicture:=;CustomPicturePath:=" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
          <button id="btn4" size="large" label="Backup Database" screentip="Save a backup to the default folder" supertip=" " imageMso="BackupSite" ......... (etc) ....

I used the Ribbon Creator app to create this

FWIW, this is the ribbon

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 489

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom