help Please (1 Viewer)

J

johnnymac92

Hi,

I am new to .asp, am struggling and would really appreciate some help. basically i'd like to publish a simple database and a dynamic .asp page to my website. I been been through this forum and the net and read alot of different things and i'm now a little lost. I have pretty good HTML and access skills but i guess i'm getting stuck in the middle.

Could anyone kindley give me an idea of the steps involved in getting from A - b. also any good reading or websites would be great.

I have created the database and a .asp page, the .asp page shows colum headers but no data? I think it this may have something to do with the db connection?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards
J mac

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:42
Ok if you're just starting out on web development and want to work in a Windows environment then don't start with asp. This language is being replaced with .net or in your case asp.net.

Go to http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 and start reading up on what the .net framework is all about. You can download the Visual Studio Express edition to get you started. I've never used it though as I just jumped in and bought the full Visual Studio edition.

J

johnnymac92

hey thanks alot, i'm downloading and reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom