login with password (1 Viewer)

sammers101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:08
Considering getting a sharepoint account, but I would like to make it so customers can login with a password to access their data. How would I do that in a web app?
My database could be as simple as list of comics, list of customers and list of subscriptions (who is subscribed to what). But it's probably not a good idea to show everyone's subscriptions without a login. (This is for a business)

Also looked into edbbee plugin for wordpress but sharepoint seems to have more functionality for similar price.

Thanks all!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:08
access web apps are being discontinued (think service ends March 2018) so there is no point in using it, it is only still running to give developers time to build a replacement app.

Powerapps are generally considered to be a poor replacement - google to find out more.

if this is for customers then presumably you expect them to connect via a browser and not have a client based app (such as access) on their machines. If so, then suggest you need to be looking at using visual studio/sql azure to create a web based app. There are plenty of other options, you mention wordpress but no idea if that will meet your needs, there is also development environments such as netbeans and eclipse.

sammers101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:08
thanks, going to find someone to develop something for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom