Compile Error 64-bit system (1 Viewer)

julie19

Local time
Yesterday, 21:04
Hello,

I am at a complete loss, I had to copy an access database to a new user and the macro is not working.

I have tried to add the PtrSafe as suggested other places but I can't get any results.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Access 64-bit issue.jpg
    Access 64-bit issue.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 123

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
Hi. Welcome to the forum. If all you have, as far as API calls are concerned, is the one for getting the logged in user's name, then maybe you could simply consider another approach that doesn't use API. Here's one example of such an approach. Otherwise, maybe you could just use Environ("Username") too.

rpeare

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
if you are using a split database and distributing a front end specifically for this person I would check to see if the api call references the same driver. I've run into instances where a specific command does not exist in a newer version's driver.

If you are using the same front end for people using either 32 or 64 bit systems there is a specific set of code I've had to use to check the version you're on before the DECLARE statement.

Check this:

//docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/shared/compatibility-between-the-32-bit-and-64-bit-versions-of-office

precede this link with h t t p s : / /

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom