Old Phone with blank screen (1 Viewer)

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
I have a Motorola V557. It is a bit old, but I like it & do not want to replace it right now. Out of the blue a week ago, it started having a blank screen when you open it AND on the little screen on top. I have been experimenting with it. You can turn it off and on and the screen comes up just fine. If you don't close it, it will go to "sleep", but the screen comes back when you push a button. BUT, if you close it...the "Cingular" disappears from the screen on top and the clock is supposed to come up, but never does. When you reopen it, the screen does not come back up, although the buttons light up. You can send & receive calls in this state, and even use the features on the screen you cannot see if you remember how to find them blind. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is like the phone does not remember what to do when it has been closed.

Thanks for any suggestions!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:41
Are you sure that the battery is good? If so, the phone is probably dying. Have you tried looking on the Motorola site for support FAQ's that might address this?

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 10:41
you could also take it to your service provider and see if they will fix it or have a suggestion for you.

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
Battery OK, No FAQ

Are you sure that the battery is good? If so, the phone is probably dying. Have you tried looking on the Motorola site for support FAQ's that might address this?

Well, I guess the battery is good. It still runs OK. I have to recharge it every few days, but it always runs down faster when I use the Bluetooth. Plus, now I think turning it off & on all the time runs down the battery faster.

I could not find a FAQ specific to my problem. I sent them an e-mail. They answered asking about the warranty & I have not yet had a chance to respond. I suspect that they will not be very helpful since it was an older phone when I got it about 2 years ago. The industry wants you to buy a new phone every year or so, even if the old one works fine.

Believe it or not, I am a bit attached to the thing. I like the news ticker, and the newer phones do not have that.

Kila

Registered User.
Local time
Worth a try

I will try this. I just got back from out of town (the thing WOULD die when I am going somewhere!!!) and plan to try this. I wonder how much AT&T would charge just to LOOK at it. They are selling new Blackberries for $49. It may be cheaper just to replace it, but truly, I was happy with the old phone before the screen went out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom