More shootings - but not USA this time (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:54
My heart goes out to the New Zealanders of our forum who are probably rocked to their cores to discover that their fair country is not immune to the "crazies" who want to start shooting in support of some fringe cause. The NZ city of Christchurch has now been hit by terrorist violence.

From the morning news shows here, it would seem that four young adult persons attacked a mosque, killing 41 people and wounding nearly 50 more. The motive, based on recent on-line posts by the group's leader, appears to be frustration over the influx of Muslim immigrants - essentially a massive hate crime. At the moment, we are even hearing about cars having been found with improvised explosive devices.

We have had attacks at a synagogue. Now you have had attacks at a mosque. The world is tough enough without turning an otherwise peaceful city into a war zone. I am unfamiliar with NZ gun ownership laws so will refrain from speculation. To my many kiwi friends on the forum, I hope that you and yours were not directly affected by these tragic events.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 03:54
To those who've been touched by violence, they have my heartfelt sympathy and condolences. It is NEVER an easy thing to deal with when one you love is taken from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom