Please Report "Back Dated" Spamming (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:55
One of them moderators recently picked up on a particularly insidious form of spamming. Basically the spammer will add several nonsense posts. Then Lie low for a few months then return to add SPAM links into their old posts. Now I'm Pretty sure this doesn't happen very much, but we'd like to bring it to everyone's attention. If you see such a post with such a link, then please press the report button to flag it and somebody will have a look.

faap

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:55
One of them moderators recently picked up on a particularly insidious form of spamming. Basically the spammer will add several nonsense posts. Then Lie low for a few months then return to add SPAM links into their old posts. Now I'm Pretty sure this doesn't happen very much, but we'd like to bring it to everyone's attention. If you see such a post with such a link, then please press the report button to flag it and somebody will have a look.

Most forums get around this issue by activating a feature whereby the user can edit their own posts only within a certain timespan (e.g. 1 day, 7 days etc.).

After that the post is locked and only a moderator can edit it.

I think this makes sense. Generally there should be little reason why a post which is older than x amount of time should be re-edited by its OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom