Open Access form from VB.net (1 Viewer)

buratti

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:11
There is a good article HERE:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317113 about how to automate Access from within a VB.net application. I read through it and tried some of it out myself, and it workd just fine, but I am wondering if there is any way to open an access form WITHOUT opening Access itself. You see, this technique will actually open the Access application window along with the form I want opened.
I would like if possible to just open a particular form from vb.net and not have the Access application window open. Just a thought could be to have Access open, hidden in the background (without displaying the Window or a taskbar button), which would just display the form I want to open. But how would I go about doing this? Is this even possible?

DJkarl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:11
Possible yes, but a pain. You would need to setup the form in Access to be Popup and Modal, then get the main Access window handle and hide the application using the ShowWindow API. Even doing this you will probably still see Access "flash" briefly so anyone watching will know it is Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom