Report Print Preview - Textbox Not Visible (1 Viewer)

jpoklin

Local time
Today, 13:42
Hello,

I created a report with multiple bound and unbound textboxes. When I view the report in Report View and in Print Preview, everything works and looks great.

The issue is when some of my colleagues view the report in Print Preview on their computers some of the textboxes are not visible and the report cannot be printed correctly. However, the textboxes are visible on their computers in Report View.

All of the textboxes have the following properties: Visible - Yes, Hide Duplicates - No, Can Grow - Yes, Can Shrink - Yes, Display When - Always.

The issue seems to be occurring with some of the unbound textboxes but I'm not sure if the bound/unbound aspect has anything to do with the issue.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Jon

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:42
It could be font.
Did you try running the exact report with the exact parameters on both pcs?
View both outputs,
Check if he has the font YOUR pc is using in the report.

jpoklin

Local time
Thanks for the suggestion, but it is the same font.

My colleagues are opening the exact same file (which is saved on a shared network) and opening the same report.

-Jon

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Another thing to check is the default printer. Do they have the same one? The default printer driver is used to render the report, so could be the culprit.

jpoklin

Local time
Thanks for the suggestion. I think you're on the right track with the default printers. Most of us use different printers, so I tried changing my computer to their printers and vice versa but it still didn't fix the issue.

I was able to find one solution, although it's not ideal. I slightly increased the padding in between the textboxes, and now the textboxes are visible and able to be printed from everyone's computer. The design and look of the report is slightly modified as a result, but at least it will work for now.

-Jon

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Curious. Well, glad you got it working and welcome to the site by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom