Report Based On Textbox Value - Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:55
I have created an access form and have different fields on it. I want the report to print values according to a specific fields (i.e NBC & PPT#) and data related to these field. For example i have a textbox named NBC and other textbox are related to that field. If i gerented report based on these two fields the report prints each record on seperate line but i want the data to be printed according to NBC in single line. like this

NBC001...... PPT1
................ PPT2
................ PPT3

NBC002...... PPT56
................ PPT32

etc. Ho to do this ? kindly help

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:55
I haven't really grasped the essence of your question. I get the impression that you think you can get the result you want by modifying the report. I'm thinking you should actually be working on the data, but I don't know from the description you've given. And in particular your description suggests a single line, but the example data you show, you show as tabular data? Very confusing!

I have an example here which sounds similar to what you are proposing but it works on the data not the report...

Display Field Data Horizontally

Last edited:

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:55
I haven't really grasped the essence of your question. I get the impression that you think you can get the result you want by modifying the report. I'm thinking you should actually be working on the data, but I don't know from the description you've given. And in particular your description suggests a single line, but the example data you show, you show as tabular data? Very confusing!

I have an example here which sounds similar to what you are proposing but it works on the data not the report...

Display Field Data Horizontally

I have managed to do it. I just simply put the textbox in the header of the report and rest of the required in detail section and it worked like a charm. thanks for the comment but it was not what i was looking for.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom