Milage recording (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 02:03
I just finish printing up my sheets for recording my mileage on my next trip. (In Word) (SEE ATTACHMENT) I had to make a copy of my template and then manually change the date, day and destination on 8 sheets to cover all the days of my trip. I thought there has to be a better way. I started making a db with the day and date in long form (Wednesday August 21. 2019) in a field, and a field for destination. Then put a place holder on a word form and it would add everything. When I went to Word, I realized it would not put all the records for each day (3 to a page) on a sperate line of the form. Give me an idea on what I need to make for a db and a word doc to accomplish what I want, or even some other format. Remembering my mileage 3 ring binder book can only receive ½ sheets. 81/2 by 51/2.

Attachments

• Longview Sept 2019 sheet 1.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 90

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It would have been easier if you had included the database you started.

You can make a report whatever size you want (within constraints). You should be able to create an Access report that prints out your trip details and not have to use Word at all.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
It would have been easier if you had included the database you started.

You can make a report whatever size you want (within constraints). You should be able to create an Access report that prints out your trip details and not have to use Word at all.

Pat,
Thanks for answering. At first I thought you had the answer, so I threw together a quick report. Unfortunately it will not let me print it on a half sheet. (5 1/2 X 4 1/4 (see attachment)

Attachments

• MilagePlaceHoldersDB.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 81

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:03
adjust the Detail of the report to fit your page.
you can see the Left and Top in report designer, there is a Ruler.

Attachments

• MilagePlaceHoldersDB.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 74

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks to all that helped. This is what I like so much about you people, this board, and (yes) Access. There was a much easier way to accomplish my goal. (buy a (blep) pre-prepared log) My non-Access friends think I am crazy. However, Access is not only a big part of my ministry but my hobby. I would rather spend time figuring out how to do something on Access than doing a crossword puzzle or sitting for hours in front of the boob-tube. When I am finish, I have something that will help me or someone else in the future. Secondly, here on AWF I am just a novice (obvious by my questions) in my circle I am the expert. I have set up many people and churches with db’s. The only way I got there is to keep challenging myself. I couldn’t do it without you guys and gals. Keep up the good work and spirit. (Find attached the actual finished product) Please note the memo. “So many restaurants, so few meals” Tough work, but somebody’s got to do it.

Attachments

• MilagePlaceHoldersDB2.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 85

Insane_ai

Not Really an A.I.
Local time
Thanks for answering however I do not have a "Win2PDF" listed.

The point is to create a paper definition so your report prints on the stock as needed. you can choose any printer other than win2pdf to get to the print server specifications. Another way is to use
Code:
printui /s
to get to the same interface instead of the long way shown in the tutorial.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
:DDid I actually say that is what I like about Access. Correction Love/Hate
I just started my work assignment sheets, and it occurred to me "Why not automate them like I did with the Mileage Log. I need to pack, I need my sleep, need to to to, Access get out of my life.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom