Help Wife Vote for her (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 03:48
Dear Fellow Access Junkies,
I need your help. In Jan my wife fell and shatter her leg. They operated twice but could not save her leg, it had to be amputated. She is now in a rehab hospital and has been fitted with a prostheses. May is national Mobility Awareness Month here in the states. There will be the minimum of three wheel chair accessible vans given away. Please help my dear wife get one of these van. You can do that by voting for her at the link below. A email to me at dsonier2@aol.com that you voted will help my moral but not necessary. The organization running this encourages voting every day. The first time you vote if you enter the promo code 747 will get her 4 extra votes. Thanks in advance for your vote.
http://tinyurl.com/Vote-For-Virginia-Sonier
Dick Sonier

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 00:48
On the vote survey it says:
"Be sure to locate your local NMEDA dealer to get a unique promotional code to get an edge on your competition before you vote. This will allow the person you are voting for to gain 5 votes, but only one time."
I looked at the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association website and could not find the unique promotional code, which would provide 5*vote power. So 747 will work for everyone or ???
Also says only one person can vote per day per IP... so I can vote more then once per day referring to the same email address?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hey my motorcycle buddy, long time t=no talk.

Yes one time per IP regardless of the email address. My local promo code is 747.
Thanks for voting old buddy

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks again guys. Oops and gals. I knew I could count on Access people. Don't forget it is acceptable to vote once every 24 hours.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 08:48
Interesting way of allocating things - have voted

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I felt like the contest was a bit crude myself. It's like telling a group of homeless kids whoever gets the most votes will get to eat for the day. Popularity contests for charity, if you will.

I hope you win, but it doesn't mean I can humanitarily agree with the requirements.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Lightwave thanks for voting. I agree with the allocating strange at best

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Vassago, I agree with you whole heartily, but if it will keep my wife from haveing to go to a nursing home and I can have her home with me, I will play their silly game. Thanks for voting.

recyan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:18
Don't know if they accept votes from across the world, but all the same have done it.
All the Best.

spenzer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:48
You got my vote too. I wish you and your wife good luck. I will try and vote everyday i can.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for voting, Recyan I have been wondering that myself. Did you get a email thanking you for voting? Let me know please.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I think they accept votes from the UK because I got an e-mail

I suspect that anyone anywhere in the world will be able to vote

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
How to make Link

Hi folks,

I originally sent the request to friends to vote for my wife with these instructions:
http://www.nmeda.com/mobility-awareness-month/

From the opening page, right below the “Life Moving Forward” banner screen, click on the tab “local heroes” scroll down to where it says, “Find a local Hero”, then in the last name box type in “Sonier” click search. Scroll to Virginia picture and click vote for me.

Well a friend of mine (from NJ, she’s still a nice person <G>) sends me this link. http://tinyurl.com/Vote-For-Virginia-Sonier. Anbody know how she did that? It sure made things easier.
Dick S.

recyan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:18
Thanks for voting, Recyan I have been wondering that myself. Did you get a email thanking you for voting? Let me know please.

Hi,
My pleasure. Wish, I really could do more.
Yes, I received a mail from info@nmeda.com & below is the content for your reference :

Thank You for Voting in the National Mobility Awareness Month Local Hero Contest. You are allowed to vote once per day, so please check back regularly to keep helping your favorite Local Hero. Remember the more votes they get, the better chance they have to win a New Customized Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. Tell your friends and family to vote today!

www.MobilityAwarenessMonth.com

Believe me, I learnt a lot from the smiling faces of you both in the picture.
May all your wishes come true & your basket always overflow with peace & happiness.

Thanks

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Recyan,
Thanks again for voting and for posting me that you go the email back, thanking you for voting. If you got it back I am sure others countries will also have their votes counted. Did you say you were from UK. On that note if there are others from other countries and they got an email back thanking them for voting please post me and tell me what countries. Once we get the van I think I will have a plaque made to put inside the van with all the countries.
Dick S.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I recently lost my wife to cancer, after the diagnosis she was transferred from the hospital to a hospice for palliative care but although it was excellent she wanted to be at home, fortunately the NHS provides superb at home support so this became possible and she spent the last few months at home, I hope that you get the van despite my agreeing that this is a crazy way to go about things .

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom