Using Outlook while Access is on Citrix (2 Viewers)

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:07
I have recently moved a program from running off our server to Citrix so remote users can use it.

Its working amazingly but I found while making the transfer, it didn't like to reach out to Outlook. When a form was created, the program would send out and email to the next person to let them know. But this gave an error when it was on Citrix. I didn't have time at the time to find a fix so I just turned it off.

I'm being told its time to get this figured out.

Is there anyone else out there with an access program on Citrix that is able to create and send Outlook Emails using code?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:07
I've worked with MS Access on Citrix quite a while ago. I didn't use any access Outlook integration however to my mind it should work... The first thing to do is send an email... Try sending an email with Outlook through your Citrix interface. This will let you know if your email is setup properly...

Last edited:

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know a thing about Citrix. I just drop my program into a fold IT gave me access too and then give them a list of people I want to be able to use it and they set it all up. And then I give everyone a link, that was given to me, so they can log into my program.

When you say, "Try sending an email with Outlook through your Citrix interface", I have no clue how to do that.

I tried to use the Citrix shortcut that was installed with Citrix and it asks me to enter my work email or server address provided by IT. When I put in my work email its tells me my account cannot be added using my mail address.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:07
The issue with Citrix, as I recall, is that you have to have your environment set up to allow what you want to do. Your user profile under Citrix needs to include the things you intend to run. E.g. if you are going to run FTP then your profile needs the icon to activate FTP. If you ALSO need Word, you need the Word icon, and so on. If Outlook wasn't included in your environment, then doing a SendMail or using an Outlook Application Object might not work. You need to discuss your profile contents with your Citrix administrator.

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I will start with my Citrix Administrator.

Thanks Doc!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom